Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Power Pack


Nestled in the container with the N rolling stock was an MRC Railpower 1370. I knew nothing about it, but it must have been recommended to me several years ago at the time of purchase. It appeared to have connectors for both DC (to power the train) and AC (to power lights to be added later). Unfortunately, there were no instructions included, but the wiring wasn't too difficult to figure out.


A photo on a rr web site showed the blue wire connected on the right, so I started with that. Since I didn't yet have a feeder track (used to connect to Kato track) I used an adapter wire to make the connection. It took a few tries to figure out how to remove the unijoiner (clips that hold track together) but it wasn't difficult to do.


With the old-time locomotive on the tracks, the Railpower 1370 worked perfectly on the first try.


So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment