Friday, February 12, 2010

Choosing a Layout

26" X 38"

This proved to be more difficult than I had expected. There are many publications and web sites offering info on track plans and I browsed through several of them. The current plan is to use a layout designed by the track manufacturer. Kato offers many suggestions on their web site, and lists the track parts needed.
I chose this plan because it comes close to fitting my size limitations, yet offers switching and a couple of tunnels. There is a prefabricated layout offered for this, but I decided against it. I wanted a harbor-side setting and I thought this would be easier to achieve starting from scratch; -at least I hope it tuns out that way!
The original plans are available on the Kato web site at: http://www.katousa.com/track-plans/colorado-western.html


No comments:

Post a Comment